Like My Teacher Clothes?
This is something that I really want to start doing more often, but I figure everyone needs to start somewhere. Doing this once a week gives me a chance to take a step back and really focus in on all that I have been blessed with in my life.
I Am Thankful For:
1. My Brain. Although at times it seems to only hold knowledge that some may deem useless, It works in amazing ways that not even the smartest of brains could understand. Like today! In class we played a game to create as many words as you can out of the word TREE HOUSE. Our team ended up with 277 points (although our math was wrong and it was actually a U and not an N...) Needless to say, we won. That also tells you something about my brain, very creative, but basically shuts down when numbers cross it's path. Good thing I only have to know addition and subtraction to be an elementary school teacher!
2. My hands. With the use of my hands and the movements of my fingers I am able to play the guitar. I couldn't imagine what my life could be like without music. Not only am I able to create beautiful (debatable) sounds by strumming the 6 strings, but I can feel the rhythm, feel the steel digging into my fingers as I explore the territory charted by the amazing musicians that came before me.
3. My Hair. Now, I'm not one to really care too much about my hair. Through the years it's been an array of colors: Black, Blonde, Purple, Red, Black/blue... But I have to tell you, there is something about going back to your roots, literally. This is the longest my hair has ever been, and I'll be the first to say... there is something sexy about long hair! Maybe it's a little vain, but I love my hair!
4. My Knee/Legs. Even with tearing my ACL and going through re constructive surgery I am able to do the things that I love like playing soccer, yoga, and walking in high high heels :). I'm also able to do the things I don't really love like running on an elliptical, doing lunges, and walking up the millions of flights of stairs in the AD building.
5. My heart. In my heart there is patience... that's what I really wanted to write about, but I thought I would stick with the theme of body parts. Without patience I fear I would go crazy,especially with the group of students I'm working with at Stevens Elementary. They try my patience everyday, but then there is that one sweet angel that will make everything better by handing you a note saying, "Miz Mala I love you. You ar Prity." So Thank you Tyler, you make my heart happy.
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Five Thing I am Thankful For...
1. My Amazing Family. They support me in every way I could ever need.
2. My best friend, Molly. I couldn't make up a better friend :)
3. School. Even though it's tough and I want to skip everyday, I am so thankful I have the opportunity to attend Gonzaga University.
4. Work! I am so thankful to have a job that can work around my crazy school schedule!
5. My field placement. I'm going to be working in a first grade classroom at Stevens Elementary. It is known to be one of the most poverty stricken schools in Spokane. I am so excited to have the opportunity to work with this population because that is exactly what I want to do with my life.
I am so blessed at this point in my life! I have everything I could ever ask for and more! I am so excited for this semester. I'm taking some awesome classes and have the best professors! Life is Good.
Tuesday, January 12, 2010
There are so many things I miss about Austin. The people, the weather, the food... mostly the way I feel when I'm there. Although I was alone when I lived in Austin, I have never felt so alive. This is where I will someday live, mark my words! If you ever get the chance to visit Austin, I just know you will feel the same.My heart has been aching for some adventure!
I am so into this song right now!